“If you demand for a cost-effective yet completely water-soluble solution for hydroseeding that will ensure quick germination and prevent soil erosion at the same time, here is DustOut™. As a hydroseeding tackifier, DustOut™ will save you time and energy while guaranteeing the acceleration of your plants’ growth process right before your eyes.”
Hydroseeding is an alternative to the traditional process of broadcasting or sowing dry seed. When done with a hydroseeding tackifier which acts as a bonding agent, the layering of the seed is uniformly and evenly distributed. In the hydroseeding process, a slurry of seed, mulch, some fertilizers and green dye, and other additives, is sprayed over the ground. When added to this slurry mixture, DustOut dust control product can also serve as an excellent hydroseeding tackifier that will act as a 100% organic bonding agent to help in the planting process.
Hydroseeding can me done in various ways including the water truck method. After the slurry components have been prepared, the slurry is then loaded in trucks or trailers, transported to a site and sprayed in a uniform layer over a prepared ground. The hydroseeding process can also be done using aircrafts, such as a helicopter, to cover remote and extremely wide areas. The aircraft method may also be used when hydroseeding burned wilderness where the tackifier can prevent the growth of non-native plant species in the area.
DustOut is a 100% water-soluble formulation of wetting, penetrating and agglomerating agents. It is designed to improve soil stabilization, reduce wind and water erosion, maximize adhesion and enhance seed germination to allow the growth of flora grasses and launch the re-vegetation process. Additionally, it works to prevent airborne dust from being generated in non-traffic areas.
DustOut is mixed with water at varying dilutions and can be applied alone to soil surfaces in order to prevent soil erosion and aid in the vegetation of the establishment on a variety of soil types. When mixed into a slurry composed of seed, mulch, fertilizer, and water, the components gel together and hold the mixture in place in the barren soil. The crust that is formed protects the seeds from birds, wind, and rain erosion while holding in moisture for a high germination rate.
Hydroseeding has many distinct advantages to the customary methods of broadcasting seeds or sowing dry seeds. It ensures quick germination for plants and inhibits the erosion of the soil. Hydroseeding is also a cost-saving method as compared to the alternative process of laying sod.
In hydroseeding, a slurry is nutrient rich, and compared to straw or hay which does not contain weed seed, the hydroseeding mulch included in the mixture keeps the soil moist and enables the seeds to germinate quickly. The tackifier in the mix then serves as a bonding agent to hold the mulch in place and prevent it from being washed out in case of a heavy rain. That is why hydroseeding is the preferred planting procedure for practically any grass or erosion control plant that grow from seeds. These include the native grass, wildflowers, both sun and shade lawn seeds, athletic field mix, pasture mix, roadside mix and erosion control mix.
Usefulness of Hydroseeding
In 1953, the first commercial hydroseeder was invented in the United States by the Charles Finn Company. It was named HydroSeeder® and its primary function was to shoot seed and fertilizers over broad areas as efficiently as possible. It was also primarily used in the United Kingdom in the 1960’s.
The HydroSeeder® was not just merely a product innovation. It was the invention that spurred an entirely new industry for turf and erosion control contractors. Matthew (2011), a wetland in a riparian forest zone at the lower Colorado River, was restored by a direct seeding method and from this, it was discovered that hydroseeding containing various riparian seeds, mulch, and tackifiers could incrementally increase the placement of seeding branches in cleared land.
Benefits of Hydroseeding using DustOut™
- Time-Efficient and can be completed in just a very short span of time even when planting over a very wide or large area.
- Controls Erosion on hillsides and slopes to make planting easier and faster.
- Cost-Effective and costs less than planting with sod.
- Provides Results and produces high germination rates generating grass growth in just one week and necessitates mowing maintenance 3-4 weeks from the date it was applied.
- Accelerates Growing Process with the use of fiber mulch by maintaining moisture around the seeds, thereby increasing the rate of germination.
- Hydroseeding Tackifier and an important component in the process of hydroseeding.
- DustOut Tackifier is a 100% organic, plant based product that serves as a bond for hydroseeding. It is a very reliable, safe but highly effective product and it can be used by itself or combined into a slurry mixture.
Benefits of Using DustOut™ in Soil Stabilization
- Prevents water and wind erosion, while requiring no additional site preparation.
- Protects against unwanted, noxious weeds.
- Biodegrades in 180 days, as DustOut ingredients are 100% organic and non-toxic.
- Acts as a soil binder, gluing the hydro-seed mixture to the surface of the ground until the germination and root growth occurs.
- Applies quickly and easily by means of uniform coverage with minimal labor, adhering the grass seeds to the surface of the soil.
- Allows water and air to pass through the ground, facilitating the germination of seed without allowing negative hydrophobic impact.
- Mixes very easily into hydro-mulch solutions and remains suspended in the slurry.
- Remains maintenance free after application.
- Applied hydraulically using standard application equipment and ensures no-fuss clean up.
- Provides results as a strong guard for a hydroseeding area that is damaged, as the soft crust expands on its own and self-repairs when water is reapplied.
- Helps in increasing the efficiency of hydroseeding equipment by lubricating the mulch fibers.